Snow Angel

Snow Angel

Friday, October 25, 2013

A BEAUTIFUL FALL DAY

     HAPPY FRIDAY, FURIENDS!

     I have been helping train a very cute miniature Aussie named Madison.  Madison is 12 weeks old.   Her parents adopted her at 9 weeks old.   She is very shy and reserved.   She is starting to come out of her shell, though.    She already knows sit, down, come, and spin.  She sure is a smart one!   She can do a successful retrieve, and I wasn't able to do that until almost two!   It sure is fun to train a little one, and it sure is easier to help her learn with me around.  I didn't have any other dogs to teach me any old tricks. 
    Her Mom and Dad told me that she is going to Nordic ski with us this winter.  I told her she needs to grow up fast because I love to run and play in the snow, and we always love to go ski for a couple of hours.   She is going to love it!  

These trees are called "Snow Ghosts."  The fog has caused snow to gather on the tree forming what appears to be ghosts!  These are fun to see when we go Nordic skiing!

    Madison is black and white with almost a border collie look to her.   She smells like a puppy, and she feels soft like a puppy.  It ALMOST makes my mom miss my puppy days....ALMOST.   :)  
   My mom is hoping to use me for some more training of other dogs here in Montana.   She always says it's about training the owners, not the dogs.  Madison has great, hard-working owners, so she is starting out on a great road that will lead to success.  
    We really hope that all of you have had a great week.  We are busy preparing our yard and house for Halloween.   We are hanging lots of pumpkin lights and carving jack-o-lanterns.


I am sporting my glow in the dark Halloween scarf at City Beach while I watch the ducks float by


   I really like to try to eat the inside of that pumpkin.  I think I am going to dress up like a cat!   Enjoy the weekend!

Hike with you later,
    Kootenai

5 comments:

  1. Snow ghosts??!! We thought they were dinosaurs!

    Sounds like Madison is going to be a good citizen with your help.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best help Madison can have.
    Blessings,'
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOO! I want to see pics of your lil pupil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Kootenai! Welcome back!!!

    We missed you. We checked back for many months to see whether you were back. To be honest, we were really worried about you because you had a medical condition just before you stopped blogging in 2012. But now it looks like you're super-healthy, and we're glad to hear you're back in Montana.

    We look forward to reading about your adventures again!

    Wags,
    Tootsie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madison looks like she is such a sweetheart. We hope you all had a wonderful time together. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. Have a great weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete